Friday, February 9, 2007

Hello all...


Here I sit in my lovely room in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia! I made it safe and sound. Friday is almost over here, it's 11pm...and you guys haven't even really started it yet! so strange.


Even more strange, for me, yesterday was wednesday and tomorrow is saturday. Work that one out!


Had a relatively uneventful flight from San Francisco last night; the plane was stuffed to the brim, but I had two nice seatmates. Was able to sleep most of the way which made all of the difference in the world. Yay for drugs! Left SFO at 10:30pm Wed, arrived Sydney at 7:50am on Friday. Such a confusing airport that was! signs pointing in strange ways, accessing gates through other gates... and the security was unreal! We just got off a plane (where we had to go through security twice to get on) and then had to go through security twice more and get searched again by hand before we got on the plane, searched again when we got off in Melbourne where we went through customs and immigration and quarantine. The flight to Melbourne was short, just over an hour. Collected my bags and went straight out and met Xris. Was wonderful and fabulous to see her. Came back to the house and settled down a bit, met Xris' son Kajute, and went for a swim. That's right, a swim! Outdoors!!!! It's warm and gorgeous and sunny here, and it stays light outside til 930ish. Oh summer, how I love thee. Then went to Xris' parents house which was fun....Discovered that Australia is home to many, many brightly colored death birds. Today I met many of these "rainbow lorikeets"

I haven't taken too many pictures yet, just getting aclimated. I will post day 2 of San Francisco pictures and some Sydney/melbourne pictures tomorrow.

Love you all!

No comments: